SNCS Level 1 Singapore
SNCS Sport Climbing Level 1 is the ultimate beginner’s introduction to climbing. This is a one full day top rope certification course (7 hours or 2 sessions of 3.5 hours). This course is designed for people with no prior knowledge of sport climbing and wish to pick up the sport for leisure or more serious climbing.
This course will go through 7 sections of basic climbing. Participants will
- be introduced to what sport climbing is – top-rope and bouldering,
- be introduced to climbing safety equipment, learn the correct usage, proper care and their limitations,
- learn basic climbing safety knots,
- how to safely belay a climber using the 5-step belay technique,
- learn basic climbing techniques,
- top-rope climbing,
- assessment and course review.
All our SNCS Sport Climbing Level 1 Instructors are certified by Singapore Mountaineering Federation. Participants whom successfully pass the course will be issued with the SNCS Sport Climbing Level 1 certificate, accredited by the Singapore Mountaineering Federation.
There is a pre-requisite of age 13 years or older. Participants under 21 must have a guardian of over 21 to sign on behalf of her. Please fill up the waiver form online once you have registered successfully. Please be ready 15 minutes before the course commences.
Viiew the passing standards and full syllabus here
Note that no prior climbing experience is required.